We are really honoured to achieve this recognition and it’s thanks in no small part to the creative and dedicated people we have in Light Bureau. And it goes without saying that we have been given these great opportunities to work on exceptional projects by our clients and those with whom we collaborate. We push hard for recognition of our profession and we’d like to think this had an influence on the jury choosing us
The foundation of this acknowledgement is based upon our impact within the lighting industry as well as recognition of completed projects and awards. Some of the assessment criteria for the recognition:
- Our projects are consistently outstanding and clearly demonstrate our values including originality, environmental responsibility and rigorous delivery.
- Our designers assume prominent roles in education and knowledge sharing – lecturing at universities, featuring on podcasts and moderating conferences and industry events and mentoring students such as The Challenge for PLD-C.
- We promote our belief for diversity, inclusion and sustainability – supporting, among others, Women in Lighting and Europe’s largest event for sustainable cities, The URBAN FUTURE global conference.
- We nurture young talent with several of our designers acknowledged by the 40under40 awards.
- We are instigators of Lights in Alingsås, where students create installations with expert guidance by professional lighting designers, An event that has changed the Swedish lighting culture and has become a world-renown lighting festival.
- Our approach includes an innovative drive for embracing new technology and developing sustainable design solutions like Liquid Light®.
- Examples of high-profile projects 2019: World-famous Norwegian restaurant Under and architectural masterpiece the Twist at Kistefos Museum.
- Award recognitions 2019: 9 winners and 16 nominations
In addition our project The Musicon Path, designed in collaboration with Simon Panduro, was Highly Commended, in the Public Realm and Landscape category.
This year we celebrate virtually with our team and lighting peers. Due to the difficulties this past year the usually so festive awards ceremony unfortunately has been canceled.
Read more about the awards, categories and the winners of the Lighting Design Awards here.
Head of Light Bureau UK, International business development